Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mistake in Lights, Camera, Molly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was flipping through <u>Lights, Camera, Molly</u> and did a double take on the page that shows the book illustration of each character next to the actor. The illustration of Linda has the name "Susan" under it, and the illustration of Susan has the name "Linda" under it. I double-checked a Molly book and triple-checked the website to make sure I wasn't crazy. Furthermore, the actress playing Susan looks like the book illustration of Linda, and vice versa.

    The book I could see as a mistake...but the casting seems hard to pass off as a mistake. What would be the point in switching those two characters?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nope, it's a mistake!

    Either Cami713 or Bean_Bunny noticed it a while back (I think it was either of those girls), and emailed AG and was told it was a mistake and praised for keen attention to detail. [img]smile.gif[/img]


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops, I haven't been on the board much lately.
    I guess "praise" is all they can do...but for goodness sake, that's a big mistake!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I misspoke! I meant the page in the book was a mistake. Sometimes those things get by copyeditors or layout artists who aren't familiar with the subject, and as it goes down the line, someone doesn't notice it and all of a sudden, there it is in print. When you find text books with typos, that's usually what happened.


    As for the casting, I think it's because the actress was better able to play one part than another, and they chose them for acting ability (how well can you believe that the actress really IS Susan?) rather than how exactly they matched the illustration. Afterall, they vaguely resemble Linda and Susan, so it's close!

    Besides, I don't think either actress really looks like the girls, and Allison isn't accurate imo at all!


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •